Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friendship..

What is friendship?..

Wikipedia;

Friendship is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more people. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behaviour, such as exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviours. Yet for many, friendship is nothing more than the trust that someone or something will not harm them.

Values that are found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis;
-the tendency to desire what is best for the other,
-sympathy and empathy
-honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
-mutual understanding

Quoting a relative;

"I don't have a lot of friends, I don't believe in BEST FRIENDS, I only have good friends whom I can have good conversations with. Deep down inside, I believe that everyone makes friend coz they are worth something to each other and can be used at all costs. I know everyone agrees with me on this although they don't admit it. "

I personally agree to a certain extend what she says. But for me, if I ever ask a favour from any one of my friend, I try my best to return the favour; as best as I can. This is kinda my own way of 'using' friends like wat my relatives says... I dont really reap benefits from my friends.. if a friend gives me any benefit, i'll give sth in return.. whether the person notices this or not..

Have you ever wondered that the people u treat as friends are really your friends or they are juz... u noe.. two face; or juz using u.. Well, I have. I often wonder can I really trust this person?.. Is he/she gonna be around only wen things r bad?.. To me, relationships are complicated.. all of them.. they need to be maintained, taken care of, nurtured, mended.....

Right now, I'm havin dis problem wit person who is a sort of close fren.. I duno its either my problem (paranoid) or its his or both of us.. wat i noe is.. i cant stand his lame wisecracks anymore.. tried to tell him something serious and ended up gotten shot back.. heavy AP bullets.. very calculative.. having fun torturing me by provoking me den shooting me down.. sigh.. maybe i need a break.. being too long with this person d.. or dis is the end of the friendship i guess.. well.. all the best in life to him den..

To all my friends that are still really my friends that are always by my side, thx.. alot.. really.. I appreciate everything that u guys have done for me and if i ever offended u guys.. juz tel me.. don worry.. I'm not a loose cannon.. i'll try my best to make it up 2 u.. pranks and jokes excluded..

No comments:

Post a Comment